Sunday, September 6, 2009

creativity

A few days ago Alexander, Drew and I watched the Rob Bell/ nooma video called open. The video was on prayer, but after watching it I realized I didn't get anything about prayer out of it. At one point Rob talks about creation. He brings up the point that God made plants, and he made them to go to seed and reproduce. Then he says that God make animals and humans, and made them to reproduce. So essentially God created earth and everything in it and then left it unfinished.

Ever since I can remember I have had a passion for creating. From going to art camps and schools to taking cooking and sewing classes. I have a such a love for gardening and for making something out of nothing, that thinking about it brings me to tears. When I think about these things I see so much of my creator inside of me. How gracious is He to give me this gift of creating and then share the world with me and let me partner with Him to complete it!

Since I've started to grasp this idea I'm so inspired to create, to care for the earth, and to bless God with anything I can create. If that means to plant a huge garden or to just make someone dinner. I feel that if God has blessed me with the gift of creating and loving creation I need to use it and as frequently as possible.

4 comments:

Drew Coffman said...

It's clear you have a God-given passion to learn more about the world from a creation-perspective, and I really think that's awesome. I love those lines from the video, and I think it's a major call to look at the world from the viewpoint of "Well, God created, and I want to follow God, so I need to create as he would have me."

Last night we talked about that place of silence with God, and I think that's where creation and prayer come together so harmoniously. Creation in tune with God requires you to seek Him and be prayerful. Prayer requires you to be in tune with His creation, and effective prayer will in itself create.

It's a powerful and beautiful thing.

Cindy said...

You have always loved to create. It is fun to see you blossom in that beautiful gift God has given you... Ps you can fix me dinner anytime too! xxoo, mom

Robyn said...

Happy New Year!

nicole said...

awwww i love the cute picture of the plant :)