Friday, August 28, 2009

faithful

God is so good and faithful. He is faithful when we are not... especially when we are not. I haven't been reading the bible or spending time alone with God in prayer lately. It's not like I have majorly backsliden, I've just gotten lazy. But tonight God proved himself faithful once again. I was reading in this book From Beauty to Ashes about how we don't need self confidence but confidence in God in us. Satan tries everything he can to get us away from our destiny, by telling us lies about ourselves. We (or at least I) try to find my self worth in others, instead of in God. I started praying tonight that God would break those things off of me. I repented and denounced any lie I have believed about myself and asked God to show me who I am in him and give me worth so I can fulfill my destiny. It wasn't even minutes later before I was on the ground totally broken before my God and creator. in the moments spent lying on my face I realized that my life was worth nothing to me (like Paul says) and I just want to give it to God. I don't even want it anymore, it's not mine to have. God is so good and he wants to heal us. He is waiting to change and mature us if we just ask for it. He is so incredibly faithful and awesome!

2 comments:

Drew Coffman said...

That's awesome - it's a seriously powerful thing when you can look at your life and see that there isn't anything to be confident in. That sounds so harsh, but it's a great lesson. This way, you can see that the real confidence is in Christ, and only through Him can your life be made full and worthy.

Robyn said...

May we all learn the art of dying.

:)